Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My story: 21-day vegan kickstart, day 2

Today marks the second day of the 21-Day Vegan Kickstart program (do it!).  I decided to partake in this venture to motivate myself to eat completely vegan again!  So far, so good.  I'm also going to try to cook more and post anything that is worthy of passing along.  However, I have been taking the easy route lately by just preparing frozen and canned foods for meals (veggie patties, beans, vegetables, etc).  I do have some Yves Meatless Ground Round that I still haven't tried.  I think I might use it to make some "beef" tacos.  We'll see.

Recently, I've had some friends contact me about being interested in eating vegan.  I'm wondering how you are all doing with that?  What are some problems you have run into on your journey so far?  Have you found enough food items at the store?  Is it worth continuing?  I'd love to hear your stories!

Finally, on the right side of this page, I put up a list of links to products that I have tried and therefore recommend.  Check them out, and let me know of others that you recommend!

Until next time ... happy vegan eating!

2 comments:

  1. So this is my 4th week eating vegan. It has been waaaaay easier than I thought it would be. I found almost everything I was looking for at Wal-Mart on my first vegan shopping trip. We have a Fresh Market here, which I thought would have a lot more vegan-friendly products, but I've found that it's much more geared toward 'traditional foodies' because they have a vast spread of cheeses, meats, and international foods. However, we also have Naturally Yours, which has EVERYTHING. The hardest part has been planning meals around a vegan diet and also cooking for Ryan, which I love doing. Also, going home to my parents' house is a little difficult so I need to do some planning ahead before I go. Also, reading The Veganist on vacation totally put everything in perspective and made it click for me. Thanks for writing the blog Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Andee! That's great that you've had such an easy time with it. I think Blo-No has a Naturally Yours, but I've never been. I will have to check it out next time I'm there. I am so glad that Wal-Mart is carrying more vegan foods now, because they are available to the average shopper. Gardein has a sheet that you can print off and give to your grocery store to request their food. I'm going to do that and see if I can get the Crispy Tenders and their new burger here. I haven't read the Veganist yet, but I guess I should! Thanks for your comment and let me know when you come across a worthy vegan food or recipe!

    ReplyDelete