Wednesday, November 26, 2014

My story: I've lost count of the versions

A lot has changed since my last post, almost three years ago, in January 2012.  I'll just lay it all out there: I picked up another "job" teaching dance, got divorced, found my best friend and love of my life, and gave birth to a wonderful baby boy!  (I also visited Colorado, went on my first float/camping trip, lost nearly all the weight I'd ever wanted to ... then gained it back, thought I lost the love of my life in a bicycle accident and spent 10 days in an Iowa hospital with a three month old ... yada yada yada ... but who can list everything that has happened in the last three years?!)  I digress...

In order to attempt to make a long story short, during my pregnancy I ended up caving into convenience and eating eggs and cheese again.  It has been a struggle ever since to completely eliminate them.  Why, oh why must it be so hard?!  It doesn't have to be; I must recommit myself.  I know I feel better when I don't consume dairy ... so why do I keep doing it???

I am desperate to quit eggs, cheese, caffeine, soda ("liquid satan"), and sugar.  Therefore, I had a passing thought that maybe if I start up my blog again that it will help me find the motivation that I need.  Writing has a way of being used as an outlet as well as for accountability.  Now, if only anyone read this other than me ...

No comments:

Post a Comment