Sunday, January 1, 2012

My story: A new year, a new mantra

The first day of 2012 is nearly over and it has brought upon a new blog title!  Changing the name of the blog fits where I am in my vegan transition; I have finally upgraded from being "wegan" to being vegan.  Although I have been enjoying a mostly vegan diet for the past 2 1/2 years it has been a time of much growth and development, and I have occasionally eaten meat, eggs, dairy, and honey.  Now that I have been putting to practice what I have been learning over the past 30 months, I feel confident that I can make this my first 100% vegan year! 

I have also begun focusing on other aspects that are aligned with a veganist lifestyle, such as using products that haven't been tested on animals, abstaining from visiting places where animals are held in captivity, etc.  It is true that as I have become more respectful of what I put in my body, I have developed a greater respect for all the species who share our planet.

When I first started this blog, I thought I was going to focus mostly on posting recipes and reviewing products; however, I've come to find that I am actually more interested in sharing information that I have learned, contacts that I "meet," news updates that I read, and personal experiences I have encountered.

I'm very excited to begin a new year of veganism and blogging!  I hope to provide people who read my blog with an understanding of why becoming vegan is so important for our health, environment, animals, pocketbooks, and general well-being, as well as help them become confident that it is a lifestyle choice to which they can successfully transition.

So tell me:  What are your goals for 2012?  How can I help you on your journey to optimum wellness?


No comments:

Post a Comment